Thursday, April 1, 2010

OOPs!

I just can't believe that having started blogging with such good intentions, its now been more than a month and not a thing has been written! Who said I have turned procrastination into an art form? (Probably Himself, and he may well be right.....)

But today is the beginning of a new month, and some warmer and drier weather has lifted the spirits and so a new resolution is made.

So much has happened - Menton Lemon Festival, The Mimosa Trail, trip to London, and lots of interesting pieces of jewellery created - and I wanted to talk about it all! So, we'll have to wait until next year for the reports of festivals but I just must make note of K's earrings - I love them so I hope she does too!



They are based on a design I have made previously but they are half the size - and what a challenge to create 'small' but they are so cute and a great feeling of satisfaction that they worked - I only made one pair! They are rectangles of silver riveted onto titanium which has been oxidised to an even blue - hung from hand made sterling silver earwires. Cute, and the photo doesn't really do them justice.

Today I'm planning to venture into some new territory - cuttlefish casting. I have the cuttlefish, lots of silver scraps, and the idea for the design so now just to implement - will keep you posted!

A bientôt.


No comments:

Post a Comment